BA Systems were commissioned to attend to a number of C-Bus device faults in an existing Building Automation System in the Department of Public Works Building.
BA Systems completed the following work:
- Replaced and programmed the No 1 relay in a specific Distribution Board as the power supply in this relay had blown causing it to be inoperative.
During the fault finding process BA Systems determined that:
- To try and solve the faulty relay problem the original Electrician had swopped relay 1 and 3 around to make the lights on relay 1 work, but that did not solve the problem as each relay and each channel on a relay are specifically programmed for a specific group address which means that that relay would have to be reprogrammed to operate those light.
- One of the C-Bus cables in DB with the relay was disconnected causing the DALI lights in the Offices in that area to not function and render more than half of the sensors in that area inoperable. The cable was reconnected.
- The C-Bus PC in the Basement server room was not operational and had hardware faults.
- Also in the server room in the UPS section the DB had C-Bus equipment in a fault condition.